Wednesday 8 May 2013

Let me be (things not thought through thoroughly)



By Mathiba Len Molefe

Let me be (things not thought through thoroughly)




So many things, that I can’t become, from which I cannot run, they won’t let me be


And you expect of me, what I cannot see, as my destiny, so just let me be


Because I cannot breathe, in your company, your essence stifles me, so just let me be


And I’ve come to know, that I cannot grow, amidst this ebb and flow, so just let me be


I’ve been ostracised, I’ve been compromised, somebody broke my pride, so just let me be


Look into my eyes, and you realise, there’s nothing left inside, so just let me be


If you cannot tell, that I dwell in hell, a thing you’ve never felt, then just let me be


I wake to shedding tears, and I live in fear, nobody holds me dear, so just let me be


I hear so many lies, I hear so many cries, from deep within my mind, so just let me be


I see darkest scenes, that keep haunting me, from which I cannot flee, they won’t let me be


And though I can’t explain, the cause of this pain, seeping in like rain, please just let me be


I have so many dreams, that will never be, one with reality, but won’t let me be


What have I become, I’ve never felt so numb, as I become undone, they just let me be


Have I lost my way, have I gone astray, or was I blown away, when they let me be


What am I to do, can I confide in you, or should I hide the truth, and just let things be


I let confusion reign, what did I gain, with nothing to my name, so just let me be


As I write this ode, in ancient cryptic code, I wreck my soul’s abode, and just let thing be


Why should I pretend, who can I call my friend, everything has an end, so just let me be


Can simple word, cause my mind to stir, clear everything that is blurred, if not let me be


In this world of hate, me in this broken state, for your sake I rate, you just let me be

No comments: