Thursday 15 August 2013

I Heard Your Voice Today

I Heard Your Voice Today

by Jazmine


I heard your voice today.
It was absolutely perfect as always
I felt weightless
Like I was hanging from a cloud
In a different place than here.
The way a light sparked inside of me again
When all these days I've felt is sadness
It was beautiful.
It didn't last long though
That was the last time I will hear your voice
For maybe months to come
It just reminded me
Don't take what you have for granted.
"You sound different, I guess it's because I haven't talked to you in so long"
That choked me up inside
It's true
It's felt like forever.
The sad thing is though
We won't speak to each other
For 10x longer.
I miss you so much
It's killed me every day
& even caused me to relapse
Because I just couldn't fight it for another day.
I promise
I will be stronger after this
Anything for you.   

No comments: